Thursday, February 5, 2009

Perspectives

I grew up in a Christian home. My parents were godly and, to the world, everything seemed great. But on the inside everything was falling apart. After almost 18 years of marriage, my parents filed for divorce. I was almost fifteen. After their divorce I was forced to stay with my dad on the weekends. I never liked going and would beg to stay home. The last time I stayed with my dad, I overheard him talking on the phone to my mom about me. They were arguing about me, but not in a good way. They were fighting over who had to have me because neither one wanted me. This one conversation from my perspective changed my life forever.

After this, I was extremely angry with everyone in my family. I chased my little brother and sister around the house with a baseball bat. I beat a hole in my mother’s bathroom door after they locked themselves in to get away from me. I hated my dad and refused to talk to him.

But God is gracious and compassionate and he has taught me a lot. I have finally been able to see my dad as a human being. I’ve forgiven him. God has changed my heart towards my dad and we have the beginnings of a great relationship now.

We can choose to be the victim or choose to allow God do something about it. You may be living in a difficult family situation but you can choose to allow God to make a difference or you can choose to allow that situation to rule the rest of your life in a negative way. Romans 8:28 says that God can make all things good. Isaiah 61 says that God wants to give you beauty instead of crap.


This past September 2008 by dad and step-mom came down to visit me in Ensenada. They are one of my biggest supporters in my answer to the call, in my Mexican Adventure! Praise God that He restores the years that the locusts have eaten!!!

No comments: