Monday, March 28, 2016

This super cute guy in the stylish hospital gown is my Papaw (grandfather if you don't speak southern). Right now they are prepping him for open heart surgery & he's waiting to talk with the dr. If they go ahead with surgery he will go back in a few hours. My papaw is an incredible man. He is a pastor in the Church of God and has pastored for like 60 years. Before pastoring he was an evangelist. My papaw is the most compassionate, kind, gentle, loving, joyful, patient man I know. He is highly respected in his town and even non-believers drop everything to assist a need when he calls. He always makes the rounds at the local hospital not just to pray for his parishioners but with anybody who wants it. He is vivacious, a hard worker, has a great sense of humor, loves to laugh, and loves to give/provide for others. Some people say that I'm a lot like my papaw and I take that as a HUGE compliment! I wish I was just a tiny bit like him! This past year has been rough. He has had a lot of health issues & his strength & heart have declined. Our family feels like he is too weak to have the surgery but we are trusting that God has a bigger plan in all of this! Please join us in praying for my papaw; that he would continue to show God's love regardless of the circumstance; that our family would be a witness while at the hospital. Pray for my Mamaw (grandmother) as she tries to deal with it all, she said the nurses are about to drive her crazy (people say I'm a lot like my Mamaw too, short & spunky). Pray for me also as I am far away from family during all of this. “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 ESV


via http://bit.ly/1gVK8Mc

No comments: