Saturday, September 24, 2016

It is with a very heavy heart that I ask for your prayers today, beautiful Facebook Family. My PaPaw (grandfather/dad's father) passed away in his home about 5 pm Alabama time. He was the senior pastor at Haleyville Church of God for more than 40 years and was a full-time pastor in the Church of God for almost 60 years (I believe). Above that, first and foremost he was a husband, father to 5 children the oldest of which was my father, and grandfather to 10 of which I was the oldest (by 2 weeks ;} ) and great-grandfather to 10 (hopefully I didn't miss any). I'll always remember having the honor of reading the Christmas Story every year and was so honored the day he asked me to say the dinner blessing, that was normally reserved for him or my dad! Everybody loved my Papaw. He was a pilar in their community always visiting people at the hospital even those who didn't attend his church. He loved praying for people and telling them about God's love and what Jesus had done for them. When we had a death in the family I recall everyone in the community pulling together to donate their time & services simply because it was for my Papaw! That's the kind of man he was, he always gave of himself for everyone else. I wish I can be just like him when I grow up! Tonight I'm having a saltine cracker, pickle and cheese and watching the news with you, Papaw! Love you! (Ps, anybody have any cheddar?? I am waiting to hear arrangements but in the mean time, I could really use your prayers! I was fairly close to my dad's parents as we would see them at least 3 times a year for holidays. With my Granny's passing 2 months ago, this is really hard. Thank you for your prayers!! Love you all! *my profile picture was taken at Christmas this past year, the last time I was able to see him.

via Facebook

No comments: