Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Happy birthday to this guy, my dad!! The big 6-0!! Wow! Over the last 8, almost 9 years, that I've been in full/time missions, my dad has been one of my biggest supporters and cheerleaders. I was terrified when I met him for birthday dinner to tell him I was quitting my "real" job to move to Mexico. My dad has always been a business man looking out to provide for his family and I was so sure he was going to talk me out of going especially since I finally had a "steady paycheck" and insurance. But instead, he looked at me and said that if that is where God was leading then I needed to go! From that moment on, he & my stepmom have been some of the hands that God has used to meet my physical, emotional & financial needs. Thank you daddy, for being obedient, for letting me go, & for being there for me!! Our relationship hasn't always been the greatest but I'm so glad that God restores and gives back "the years the locusts have taken". I love you! I wish I could be there to celebrate you but I'll eat a taco on your behalf!

via Facebook

No comments: