Saturday, August 22, 2015

Oh the dreaded Ask!!! Growing up in the south of the United States I was taught that you take care of yourself & don't ask for handouts. It's mainly a pride issue of course! We don't want people to know that we can't take care of our needs, that we NEED help. There is a stigma, sadly, that goes with people needing assistance. Because of this, myself and many missionaries that I know have a hard time asking others to partner with us because of this pride & stigma! As a full-time missionary with YWAM (Youth With A Mission) San Diego/Baja, I raise all of my own support. I don't receive a traditional paycheck. I rely on faith, the obedience of others and trust in God to meet my every need and sometimes wants. And while I believe the Lord has led me to essential oils as part of His provision, a huge portion of that support is through friends and family. While I never want to sound like the toddler that continues to ask for something until you give in, I always want to be led by the Holy Spirit while inviting others to be a part of the bigger picture, what God is doing around the world. Please take the time to read this article and find out why we as missionaries ask, why it is necessary and why, even though it is hard to do, I will never stop asking! #MissionaryLife #ywam #ywamsdb #ywamsdm

via Facebook

No comments: